Satellite Internet FAQ
Satellite Internet Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: Satellite Internet is an innovative high-speed wireless internet connection for people that don’t have access to traditional service (DSL, Cable or Fiber) due to location restriction or because no provider is available in the area. It involves the connection to three dishes, one from your home, the second one in space and the final one at the internet service hub.
Answer: It’s very easy. You will have a modem that sends the signal via satellite instead of ground wires.
Let’s say you’re on your laptop or mobile device and you click on your favorite website.
- Your request goes to your modem, then through a short cable to the dish outside your home.
- Your dish beams your request up to the satellite.
- The satellite sends your request down to a gateway station connected to a ground network.
- The station relays your request to your favorite website.
- The website delivers the information requested back to the station.
- The station beams it up to the satellite.
- And finally the satellite in space transmit the information back to your dish, the modem and to your PC or device.
Answer: At the moment you can get speeds from 25 Mbps up to 100 Mbps. With new technology been developed, you can expect even more speed in the near future.
Answer: It depends on your needs but it can go from $50 to $200 per month.
Answer: Due to the nature of Satellite Internet and the different places in which data has to go you can experience “lag”. This means that it can take a few milliseconds for one chunk of information to travel from one point to the other and this makes online gaming difficult at times.
Answer: It’s the one that covers your needs with the least issues. We offer different options based on those needs and our experts can give you an advice to pick the best one. Just give us a call at 1-800-515-2448.
Answer: It’s a great option depending on your needs. Satellite Internet is becoming faster and more reliable than ever before.